#dnsbikegang

Thursday, January 29, 2009

searching for a studio in vancouver


I have been searching for a studio space in Vancouver so I can re-chain myself to the sewing machine and get working on the DNS collection for [FAT].

Thanks to a tip from my friend Britt I discovered this magical space called the purple thistle.. It is an free, co-operative run, open studio space that is devoted to fostering the creativity of its members.

With silk screening supplies, dark rooms, zine library, crazy-hydrolics-animation machines, computers, space and a walking foot sewing machine this studio is an amazing resource and really open to anyone with the right attitude.

Perfect. Exactly what I'm looking for. Before I begin jumping for joy, I'll need to get the machine working.... But with the sewing super-powers of DNS behind me I have no worries.

The serendipity continued when I started chatting to some of the members of the collective, and we realized that as we stood outside this crazy little space on an abandoned industrial road in east van, that we had all attended the same 150 person high school on parliament in toronto. Oh Inglenook. For those who know the nook, you know.

2 comments:

BIG RED said...

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! this is absolutely amazing!!!!! get out the flounces and walking feet, it's time to party!

Irene said...

Only Nam would find a totally free and totally rad studio when she needed it the most...
luck of the irish or something...
this is absolutely fucking insane.

Vancouver's stocks just went up in my books...