#dnsbikegang

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour

Snow White and I went out biking last night, and biked to the Danger Palace to celebrate Earth Hour with Big Red and Fierce Bambi. We sat by candle light drinking orange juice chatting about life, love and taking over the world and such.


It was nice. No electronic stimulation of Laptops, we tried not to use our phones.... I've noticed recently how much media has infiltrated our lives. For instance, two years ago I would never have gone over to someone's house to watch Youtube videos, or spent an hour at the bar going over photos on an iPhone. If you were with people, you spent time talking with them and catching up, as you didn't have a facebook feed that updated you . I was talking about this with White, I don't think it's so much the media that has caused this, but we as a culture are maybe getting socially lazy, letting the videos do the conversating for us.

I digress. I love Earth Hour because it makes you realize how lucky you are to have such awesome friends. I hope everyone had a great Earth Hour like ours. I would like to put it out there that it should be celebrated year round.

No comments: