#dnsbikegang

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hey Look! The Gap is trying!


I just got a poop-storm of emails from various newsletters and groups about this. Good job GAP PR team!

So you could win like, 200 bucks in only gift certificates winning this. Yeah... sorry, I don't want to be critical or negative, but this is a crap competition and effort by a very large company that could do more.

And it doesn't make up for the fact GAP got busted a few years ago for child labour in India. There was a video that used to be online that was taken by a journalist that showed the children making Christmas Children's clothes, but the link no longer works to it, and I can't find it anywhere on line. Hmmm.

To cover that mistake and to pay penitence they could at least make a REAL sustainable design project with a real prize.

To all the newsletters I am on that thought this was actual news, you really disappointed me. I hope at least they paid you a crap load of money, and you're going to Robin Hood that by doing the smaller promo pushes for actual change-makers. To all the companies out there doing things to really make a change, BRAVO! We'll keep spending our money with you.