#dnsbikegang

Monday, January 30, 2012

Meatless Mondays

Eating a plant based diet can be tres good for your body, your wallet (lentils are cheap!), and the planet. While we were occupying Bushwick, the Nigthshades ate largely vegetarian, mainly because it was the cheapest way to eat healthy. One dinner I feed 10 people on $8 dollars worth of groceries with this amazing curry.

If anyone out there trains as an athlete, The Thrive Diet should be your bible, and Bicycle Magazine has this good article to read. (Although they didn't mention that white beans in pasta is pretty amazing, and that nutritional yeast is your best friend...)

Now I am not saying you need to go Vegan at this very moment (because I didn't do that myself), but I would like to recommend for hard-core meat eaters to try out the Meatless Monday trend. If you search on the internet, there are thousands of websites offering tasty recipes that will make your mouth happy, your wallet sing, and your poop be fantastic.
Photobucket
I found this one today for Mushroom and Lentil Pot Pie with Gouda Biscuit Toppings. OMG!!!

Or you can always go eco/ethical with your meat. My brother is the Manager at Hills Foods in the Greater Vancouver area. I eat only "Luxury Meat" myself, which with my budget is a rare occasion, but worth the wait. Kangaroo anyone?

No comments: